Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Inspiration for this Blog...

I began reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde just a few days ago. When I first picked up the book and removed the dust that had been forming on its cover, I was not excited to begin this read. It did not seem like a story that would keep my interest. I only convinced myself to read it because it had been sitting on my desk for a while and I really had no idea what it was about. The preface alone was interesting and brought up many ideas about art that I had never considered. After a page and a half, Oscar Wilde had my complete attention. After the first chapter, I was telling everyone who would listen how amazing the ideas in the book were. I have always wanted to write a book, and Mr. Wilde has reminded me how far I have yet to go in developing my characters. The next few posts will be about this novel, so if you have not read this book and plan to, I suggest you read the book first! =)

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment